Root canal treatment helps in saving the natural teeth and prevents the need for dental extractions, dental implants, or bridges. root canal treatment is a highly skilled procedure using special equipment to clear that root canal of all infection. in this procedure inflamed or damaged the pulp inside the teeth is removed and then the gap is filled with a rubber-like substance called gutta-percha and then it is capped with the crown to give extra strength. by this treatment, you can keep your natural tooth and prevent the issue with your jaw.
What are the most common Symptoms?
- The intensity of pain can range from mild to severe throughout the day.
- Inflammation which is caused due to the infection.
- Pain gets worse when you bite down on the tooth.
- Prolonged sensitivity to hot food or liquids.
- Gum may swell near the problem area.
When did root canal become necessary?
- If the tooth has become abscessed i.e. infection that forms when the pulp of the tooth dies and a pus pocket forms around the end of the root then root canal treatment is needed.
- If the tooth decay extends and reaches the pulp, the pulp will become infected.
- If the tooth has become fractured and reaches the pulp.
- Repeated dental procedures may sometimes cause the pulp of the tooth to become inflamed.
Is root canal painful?
The pain is caused due to the infection in the tooth, not by the root canal treatment. The root canal procedure itself is painless. Our Endodontist at Redlands dentist performs the treatment by using local anesthesia that numb the tooth and surrounding area. Many people who are afraid or anxious to have a root canal or about having dental work done, for those our dentists can provide calming medicines, such as nitrous oxide.